9/23/2011

Great New Recipe

For dinner last night, I planned to make some maple-glazed tuna accompanied by pear-potato salad. Since I grabbed mahi mahi at the store instead, I'll try the maple glaze next week. The potato salad, however, was quite refreshing. Curry, pears, potatoes, almonds and a hint of lemon... light, complex (and I try to use that word sparingly), inviting so many creative pairings.

I found the recipe on one of my favorite cooking sites - www.epicurious.com (the link at the bottom will take you to the complete recipe). Wonderful compilation of food to satisfy the toughest critics. The everyday cooking suggestions can be quite useful, though it baffles me that dessert is considered an everyday affair.

Try the salad - let me know if anyone has any ideas.I think I'll try it without the pears next time, mostly to see what effect they have on flavor and possibly learn a thing or two about the fruit.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pear-Potato-Salad-356269

No comments:

Post a Comment